The India House, 1897

A photograph held at Gloucestershire Archives

By Paul Evans

Unfortunately the India House itself is largely obscured by a horse drawn tram.  Click on the image to see a larger version of it.

Nixey's Black Lead was used to clean and polish kitchenware.  It was manufactured by William George Nixey and, after his death in Slough in 1870, by his son, also William George, who operated until he died in 1912.

Photo:SR38/29157/8 (Gloucestershire Archives)

SR38/29157/8 (Gloucestershire Archives)

This page was added by Paul Evans on 26/10/2012.